Have you lost the Trend Micro OfficeScan Client uninstall password?
Here is two tips on how to reset / remove the password.
TIP # 1
- Search for the file called ofscan.ini. It is usually located in the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro Folder
- Open the file and search for Uninstall_Pwd= The line should look something like this:
- Remove everything on the line that is behind Uninstall_Pwd=
- After Uninstall_Pwd= write 70 it should look like this Uninstall_Pwd=70
- Save the file.
- Go to Add Remove Program and uninstall Trend Micro OffieScan. When prompted for the password enter 1 as the password,
TIP # 2
- Disconnect the computer from the network.
- Open regedit.
- Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.]
- Change the dword “Allow Uninstall” from 0 to 1
- Use Add remove programs to uninstall Trend Micro.
- Restart your computer.