To speed up the installation of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) and to get the same setup at all customers I use this PowerShell script to install the programs needed and to setup and configure the Deployment Share.
Thanks to Brandon Linton for the MDT Deployment Share Creator Powershell Script that I have modified to work for me, myself and I.
Thanks to Yannick Plavonil for the MST files to the silent WAIK installation.
- Installs .NET Framework 3.5.1
- Installs Windows Deployment Services.
- Installs Windows Automated Installation Kit.
- Installs Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Configures the Deploymetshare.
- Restarts the server.
- wAIK – http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5753
- wAIK MST – http://www.compit.se/download/deployment/WAIK-3.0.rar
- PowerShell script – http://www.compit.se/download/deployment/MDT-2012-silent-install.rar
Save the script in your setup folder (d:\source) together with
MicrosoftDeploymentToolkit2012_x64 .MSI and the extracted KB3AIK_EN.iso (extract to KB3AIK_EN) copy the mst files to the KB3AIK_EN folder.
Run the script and go and take a coffe.