A couple of days ago I got a problem with one of my customers Smal Business Server 2003, the mouse, keyboard and nic stopped working. I tried to start the server in safe mode but that did not help.
After searching Google for a while i realized that there was no answer to the question I had. So the only thing left to do was to try.
I booted the server on the Windows Small Business Server 2003 disc 1.
- Press Enter to install Windows
- The setup will find that there is already a Windows installation.
- Press R to do a repair.
- Wait will Windows is installing.
- When Windows is installed logon to the server and configure the IP adress for the server.
Here you can get a problem with that the IP is already assigned to another network card.
If so read this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539
- When that is done run windows update, I had problem with Internet Explorer first so I had to download Internet Explorer 8 on another computer and install it, then a restart and after that i could run Windows update from Internet Explorer.
- After all the updates are installed check so that everything is working. And check the event logs for any errors.
Good Luck Chris