HP – Warning Machine is not in committed state

Today I got a mail from a customer that had a problem with his HP computer that he got back from service. When he was starting the laptop he received Warning Machine is not in committed state and then the computer started.

To fix the problem you need the program AMtool and a bootable USB drive.
Or you can try the ISO file that I have created.

Download the ISO file

Download the files you need to create your USB memory

If you already have a Floppy drive and a floppy disk you can use that and jump to part two.

1. Install the virtual floppy on your computer. (vfd21-080206.zip)
    1. Run the vfdwin.exe
    2. Press Install and then Start

1. Press Drive 0 then press Change and select Drive Letter A press OK
  2. Press Open /Create
  3. Type in the name of your “Floppy” file that you want to create and press Create
  1. Run Boot98.exe and press OK
    ¨

1. Install HP UBS Disk Storage Format Tool SP27608
    1. Insert your empty USB memory in the computer.
    2. Start HP UBS Disk Storage Format Tool.
    3. And configure it as the picture below and press start and then press Yes

When finished press OK

1. You will now have the following files on your USB memory. (You have to show hidden files and folders to see the files.)

1. Copy the files from the amtool folder to the USB memory.
  2. Restart the computer with the USB memory in it
  3. Read the Information in the readme file see text below.

This is AMT Branding Tool and is used to either enable or disable AMT feature on an HP commercial notebook PC.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Prerequisite: The motherboard must be in status of “VPro Uncommitted” and “Descriptor Unlocked”

The instructions of how to use the tool:

Preparations:

1. Make an MS DOS bootable USB hard disk.

2. Unzip the zipped tool file and copy all onto the USB hard disk.

3. Remove Power-on password if there is any.

4. Suggest change the system boot-order to “USB Hard Disk FIRST” from F10 setup.

Operation Steps:

1. Make sure power is off.

2. Attach the USB hard disk to the system.

3. Boot system to USB hard disk. The display will stop at

VPro Uncommitted

Descriptor Unlocked

Management Engine disabled

Flash Protection Override disabled

****************************************

Do you want to enable or disable AMT now [Y, N]?

4. After you make a choice, the system will be configured and rebooted.

At final, it will display either

1). AMT-Enabled

VPro Enabled

Descriptor Locked

Management Engine enabled

Flash Protection Override disabled

or,

2). AMT-Disabled

VPro Disabled

Descriptor Locked

Management Engine disabled

Flash Protection Override disabled

**Note: If to re-run the tool, simply either execute autoexec.bat, or reboot the system.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to HP – Warning Machine is not in committed state

1. Tony says:

I have this problem. I run your autoexec.bat in your .iso file with a usb in the Probook, but I have a error
    Vpro Configuration not supported (Read) Errorlevel = 7

2. TMM says:

I have this problem. I run your autoexec.bat file with a usb in the Probook 6560b, but I got an error
    Vpro Configuration not supported (Read) Errorlevel = 7
    How can I solve this problem?

3. Muneer says:

The above has worked for my laptop EliteBook 8440p.

4. ARA says:

Antes que nada le felicito por su articulo para ayudarnos a resolver este error. Les comento tengo un problema el mismo que comenta TMM me manda error Vpro not soportada para la una Probook 6560b. Les voy agradecer mucho su ayuda, les mando un cordial saludo.

5. ARA says:

Nothing before me congratulate you on your article to help resolve this error . I have a problem I comment that says the same mistake TMM sends me Vpro not supported for one Probook 6560b . I thank them very much your help, send a cordial greeting.

6. Alex says:

All is fine, but how lock back descriptor and Flash Protection Override?
    Because some times when booting i have message:
    ME region is not locked
    Remove AC and DC of the system and boot again.
    with blinking CAPS and NUM leds.

7. 张冬 says:

8. jihamine says:

Does not work on hp elite book 8460p

9. Abdulkarim Musa says:

Hello, please I have an HP 840 G1.. Showing “WARNING MACHINE NOT IN A COMMITTED STATE” does this applies to it as well or there is another method of resolving the issue? If yes, please help me send it to me via my email above. Thank you very much.

10. Mackenzie says:

Thanks for your IOS and tool.
    When I run the vfdwin.exe, that say “Virtual Floppy Drive does not run on Windeows 95/98/Me”. How can i do?

11. Chris says:

You say the motherboard must be “VPro Uncommitted” and “Descriptor Unlocked”
    They are not, and the tool doesn’t work because of it.
    How do I get this state?

12. Pingback: Atm Brand Tool | languages - atmcomparison

13. Reiflecx says:

thanks for the info but please i will like to know if it’s going to erase anything on the phone that is currently on the phone ,so we can save them somewhere else to avoid loosing files

14. brainconxept says:

Please can I skip the first step that needs a floppy disk and move to using the USB because am using an Elitebook 8440p and it does not have a floppy disk drive. Will it still work?